Successful completion of Forrester’s Modernization Project was recently celebrated at a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony held on Friday, November 5, 2010.
Rusty Russell, Project Manager and Scott Forrester, Principal both gave opening remarks, along with Commander David Varner, Commanding Officer, Naval Support Activity Washington and Captain Hugh Hemstreet, Commanding Officer, NAVFAC Washington.
Client: Department of the Navy
Value: $100 Million
Square Footage: 250,000 SF
Schedule: 16 months
- $100 Million adaptive reuse of a National Historic Landmark District Contributing Structure
- Included full gut, renovation, modernization, systems replacement, and addition to a 250,000 SF facility at a restricted downtown DC site
- Structural upgrades as required for ATFP (Anti-Terrorism Force Protection), blast resistance, and seismic criteria
- LEED Silver including a white reflective roof, storm water collection plant with bio-retention filter, xeriscaping, and widespread use of rapidly renewable resources
- Fit-out of all tenant spaces for Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), Navy International Programs Office (IPO), the Navy Historical and Heritage Command, Office of Judge Advocate General (OJAG), and Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)
- OJAG state-of-the-art SMART courtroom featuring electronic climate control, biometrics, and interactive monitors for remote witness testimony
- Parking Garage expansion
Click here to view a portfolio of this project.