Originally founded in 1869, Adas Israel is the oldest and largest Conservative Jewish congregation in the nation’s capital. The congregation’s evolution necessitated a renewal of the facility including a mechanical systems update to make it more efficient and cost effective. Additional renovations will also be made to the building’s chapel, sanctuary and lobby spaces.
This occupied renovation project fulfilled the congregation’s vision to create dynamic spaces for its members to gather and worship while allowing normal operations to proceed with minimal distruption. Construction was finalized in time for observance of the High Holidays.
H3 Hardy Collaboration Architecture
- Washington Building Congress Craftsmanship Award