Having completed work on more than 30 National Historic Landmarks and more than 60 National Register of Historic Places sites, Forrester Construction has considerable proficiency meeting rigorous historic preservation and restoration standards. The company’s portfolio includes complex historic projects for both public and private clients such as the Library of Congress, Ford’s Theatre, the Inn at Little Washington and more. Our expertise has resulted in numerous awards, including several District of Columbia Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Historic Preservation. Our experts possess an in-depth knowledge of National Historic Preservation Act regulations and Secretary of the Interior Standards, and they are well practiced in implementing them to properly preserve, rehabilitate, restore and reconstruct historic properties.
Using a proactive management methodology, Forrester’s project team develops a plan that reflects meticulous and uncompromising attention to detail and a strong focus on preserving a historic building’s design heritage. Early on, preconstruction experts perform careful analysis of existing conditions minimizing unanticipated expenses and delays in later phases. When combined with our expertise in phasing, building system upgrades, structural rehabilitation and intricate interior detailing, this proven approach creates beautifully preserved spaces with modern functionality.
Forrester’s Historic Preservation Expertise Includes:
- Considerable experience with the historic preservation and restoration projects including many National Historic Landmarks and National Register of Historic Places sites.
- Detailed preconstruction analysis including existing conditions investigations, laser mapping, cost estimating, scheduling and sequencing.
- Experience integrating international materials and artisans and achieving high-quality results that reflect a nation’s specific cultural identity and heritage.
- Hazardous materials abatement and management.
- Experience with roof replacement and, building and structural system upgrades for historic facilities.
- Restoration of historic finishes, fixtures and facades.