American Trucking Association | Capitol Hill
For the American Trucking Association | Capitol Hill project, Forrester Construction integrated three adjacent buildings into a single structure and constructed a bi-level underground parking garage in its footprint. Founded in 1933, the American Trucking Association (ATA) is the largest trade association for the trucking industry representing 37,000 members nationwide. Building the 125-space below-grade parking garage required the installation of a complex sheeting and shoring system to support the historic buildings during construction. The intricate system was designed to be both flexible and minimal to allow the new foundation to be built while it remained in place. In the ATA offices, a complete interior demolition was performed to create a uniform floor plan. The interior was then built-out for office space. The historic townhouse interior received an improved fire sprinkler system and a catering kitchen, while the historic market was renovated to create a new reception area.
RTKL Associates, Inc.
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) National Eagle Award
- ABC Metro Washington Excellence in Construction Award
- Associated General Contractors Washington Contractor Award
- ENR Mid-Atlantic Award of Merit
- NAIOP Award of Excellence
- Washington Building Congress Craftsmanship Award