Semper Fidelis Memorial Park Chapel
Located on the grounds of the National Museum of the Marine Corps, the Semper Fidelis Memorial Park Chapel is a place of remembrance and contemplation honoring those who have served. For this project Forrester Construction built the 30,000 SF memorial whose design mimics that of improvised battlefield chapels.
The building rests on a cast-in-place concrete and slab-on-grade foundation. The chapel was constructed using a locally-manufactured timber structural system with a custom integrated curtain wall. The remaining façade is comprised of locally-sourced, hand-chiseled rubble stone that matches the site’s existing rock walls.
The project also required the construction of a restroom building, a granite courtyard with reflecting fountain, an access road, a parking lot and a geothermal system which heats and cools the building.
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) National Eagle Award
- ABC Metro Washington Excellence in Construction Award
- Associated General Contractors Washington Contractor Award
- ENR Mid-Atlantic Construction Award
- Construction Management Association of America Award
- Washington Building Congress Craftsmanship Award