For this project, Forrester Construction retrofitted The Hamilton, a bare building located in the heart of downtown Washington, DC to accomodate a new 40,000 SF two-story restaurant and night club. The result is the city’s largest restaurant featuring an events amphitheater with a mezzanine level overlooking a lower concourse and an 800-seat American bistro including lounges, freestanding tables and dining rooms with custom millwork booth seating. The space features a variety of high-end finishes ranging from hand-crafted Mexican tile to exotic African hardwood.
The Hamiliton’s unique dual purpose as both live music venue and high-end dining destination required the installation of state-of-the art audio-visual equipment, lighting and a sound booth as well as custom acoustic design and materials to block the transfer of sound between the main dining area and lower club level.
Rust | Orling Architecture
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) National Excellence in Construction Award
- ABC of Metro Washington Excellence in Construction Award
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Metro Washington DC Contractor Award
- Washington Building Congress (WBC) Craftsmanship Award | Electrical Lighting System
- NAIOP DC | MD Award of Excellence
- Engineering News Record Regional Award